I have a Bachelor of Arts in English. I graduated Cum Laude and I was a member of the Honors Program at my university. My studies focused on linguistics, writing, and classical literature. I took classes such as:
- Honors Composition
- Advanced Composition
- Structure of the English Language
- Technical Writing
- Survey of World Literature
- Contemporary Poetry
- American Literature I and II
Additionally for my undergraduate program I completed a research capstone project regarding the value of using stories as a teaching tool. This project was composed of a literature review, in-person interviews, and an analysis of information gained.
Memberships and Certifications
- Member of the Sigma Tau Delta International English Honor Society (Member as of April 30, 2012)
- Certified Researcher through the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Office of Extramural Research training course "Protecting Human Research Participants" (Completed August 23, 2013)
I have worked as Head Copyeditor for a university-sponsored academic journal. While there my duties included proofreading student submissions for grammar, content, style, and formatting issues. I worked to ensure that research papers written in APA, MLA, Chicago, and Turabian were correctly and ethically formatted and cited. I then communicated with submission authors regarding their works and any changes that needed to be made.
I have also worked in a law office where my responsibilities included creating and proofreading various legal documents. While there I also performed different legal research tasks.
I am currently studying the French language in addition to web design and development. I hope to use these skills to further develop my business and my career path.